On 4/3/21 12:03 AM, Frederic Muller wrote:

Thank you for all those detailed information. I did install evdi through the repos suggested by Jonathan, with no success though.

The package you started with had both the DKMS evdi kernel module and other support, so adding the package from rpmsphere means you now have two DKMS evdi modules installed.

At this point, I'd suggest removing both packages and reinstalling the displaylink-rpm package.

Searching a bit more I found out I could edit the evdi dkms.conf file and add the proper path.

Restore the file to its original state.  The default path works. There's something else causing your error.

Then something starts happening when running dkms build but then stops again. Checking the log states:
ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.";        \
echo >&2 "         include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.";\ echo >&2 "         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.

That might not be the key error.  This bug report on the displaylink-rpm package suggests that you probably need to install libdrm-devel.

https://github.com/displaylink-rpm/displaylink-rpm/issues/55

If that doesn't resolve the problem, please post the entire log somewhere we can access it.  Maybe: https://paste.centos.org/