On Tue, Jun 01, 2021 at 05:06:23PM +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2021-06-01 at 09:32 -0400, Francisco Tissera wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am currently using Fedora_linux 34, and I'd like to know, since I
have
been using this OS for over a month and a half, and I find DNF's
output
a bit... too much, if I could modify it somehow.

I'd like to modify how it outputs the installation of software.

For example, when  the dnf install package name command is issued,
the
dependency check was done.

Can that line of output be suppressed in any way?

If not, that's fine, I'll get used to it, but still, it would be cool
if
it could.

Any help would be apriciated.

Anything that writes to standard output (or even standard error) can be
filtered on whatever criteria you like, typically using grep, e.g.:

$ sudo dnf update|grep -v "Last metadata"
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!

You may find the Prompt "Is this ok [y/N]: " is not output
from the pipeline until after it is blindly responded to.

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jo...@jgcomp.com