On 17/06/2021 02:27, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2021-06-16 at 22:36 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 16/06/2021 21:46, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Just to be sure, my next step will be to completely disable those
units
and reboot again, but I'm 99% sure that is still going to show the
30-
second delay.
Well, 30sec is annoying.  But I thought that it was the 4 min that
getting rid of would
be the 1st goal.
I think it was Frank who had the 4 minute delay. I don't think I said
that mine was 4 minutes, just that there was a delay and I see a blank
screen with three dots, but apologies if I gave that impression.

I no longer have it, but I think I got that from a systemd-analyse plot that
was posted.

Oh, well.  I've gotten to the point where 30s more of boot time doesn't bother
me that much.
What bothered me more was when I would go to a directory on which a
subdirectory of it had
an NFS mount point with a NAS whose drives were set to power-save. Even though
I wasn't
entering the subdirectory I suppose a look-ahead was happening so my terminal
session
freeze until the drives came ready.

--
Remind me to ignore comments which aren't germane to the thread.