On 21/06/2021 05:48, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
$ systemd-analyze blame |grep dracut-initqueue.service
   486ms dracut-initqueue.service

If I power on the dock on after startup is complete, one drive appears
immediately and the other takes 30 seconds or so, so the delay is not
being caused by the boot process itself. It must be the hardware (the
drive or the dock) taking that long for whatever reason, possibly power
management as George suggested. As I've said, my goal is to convince
the kernel that it doesn't need to wait for this so as to continue with
the startup.

Right.  I just wanted to confirm that, it would appear, the 30sec is in that
service/area.

So far I've not found a configuration file/setting which would tell it "don't look
here...".

--
Remind me to ignore comments which aren't germane to the thread.