On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 12:15:48PM +0100, Christopher Ross wrote:
> Fedora 34 on my i7 with 32G RAM and nvidia RTX2060 card takes minutes to
> boot, and when it finally does there are a number of "something went wrong"
> notifications. How best can I diagnose and fix this so that it boots quickly
> and without errors?

Do you have the RPMFusion nvidia packages installed?  Are you using
any 3rd-party nvidia drivers?  Or are you using the nouveau driver?

The nvidia driver might be compiling on boot (dkms) which takes a long
time, and if it fails, will cause GL issues that can break 'nautilus',
and if 'nautilus' crashes, the GNOME session will do the 'Something
went wrong' alert.

> The top part of systemd-analyze-blame is
>
>    1min 23.232s plymouth-quit-wait.service
>          53.077s cs-firewall-bouncer.service
>          52.219s dovecot.service
>          26.525s crowdsec.service

It appears you're using some sort of 3rd-party firewall driver called
'crowdsec'.  Is that the problem?  It does seem to be up there,
although it could be waiting for something else to start.

--
Jonathan Billings <billi...@negate.org>