On 27/06/2021 20:00, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sun, 2021-06-27 at 18:31 +1000, Stephen Morris wrote:
Hi,
      I have just done a sudo dnf upgrade on F34 which I think
upgraded
1311 packages. After the update finished I rebooted F34 and then ran
discovery and it was still telling me there was 628 MB of F34
Platform
updates to put on, which I did put on. Why is dnf not installing all
done to alleviate this that is not done in an "out of the box"
install,
should be using Discovery instead?
I think plasma-discover uses PackageKit. As has been noted several
times here, mixing dnf and PK often leads to confusion. Better pick one
and stick with it.

Personally, I erased PK and don't use plasma-discover, and I don't see
these kinds of problem.

I probably misunderstood the OP.  I haven't (yet) banished packageKit from my
system.

I have not had a situation where an update was performed and immediately
followed by a need
for another update.  I do my updates with "dnf --refresh update".

The only thing I've seen is when packageKit is telling me there are updates but
when dnf
runs it says no updates are available.  I attribute that to packageKit using
different mirrors than
dnf.

--
Remind me to ignore comments which aren't germane to the thread.