On 2021-06-27 8:09 p.m., Stephen Morris wrote:
I usually ignore the "nothing to do" situation as well and just issue the command again the next time I'm ready to put on updates again. It is a bit disconcerting though when Discover reports there being, in my case 638MB of Fedora System Updates as opposed to application updates, right from the first boot of F34 after a fresh install, and that calculation of how many updates are available never changes irrespective of how many updates are applied by dnf and how often. I've had F34 installed in the vm for probably around 6 months, and Discover has never stopped reporting 638MB of System Updates until I actually put them on.

That is very strange and doesn't make sense. If you're doing a workstation install, then yes, there will be a large amount of updates to do because it starts with a fixed image and doesn't use updates. But dnf should do them and it would be interesting to see what updates Discover thinks should be done.