On 30/06/2021 21:39, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2021-06-30 at 19:37 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 30/06/2021 18:41, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
After re-reading systemd.service(1) I added the line:

Type=forking

to the service file, and now the script is not being terminated,
which
is what I wanted.

IOW, this seems to be the solution, or at least*a*  solution. There
may
be an alternate solution using KDE Autostart, but for now I'm
satisfied.
Your user service, does it start at boot time or does it start when
the user logs in?
It's "WantedBy" default.target, whatever that means.

With that my service was starting at boot.  Not what I was after.

--
Remind me to ignore comments which aren't germane to the thread.