On Sun, Jul 04, 2021 at 10:15:22AM -0300, George N. White III wrote:
On Thu, 1 Jul 2021 at 13:41, Jon LaBadie <jo...@jgcomp.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 01, 2021 at 07:35:12AM -0300, George N. White III wrote:
>On Thu, 1 Jul 2021 at 02:02, Jon LaBadie <jo...@jgcomp.com> wrote:
>
>> Laptop running F34 with an "Intel Cannon Point-LP CNVi [Wireless-AC]"
>> controller.
>>

>> Every 10 seconds I get this error message (/var/log/messages):
>>
>>    wpa_supplicant[78893]: wlo1: CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-FAILED ret=-22

More digging.  Journalctl shows the problem started about a week after
a dnf system-upgrade to F34.  Around the problem start, I find nothing
in dnf history that seems related (NM connection editor an unlikely cause).
Kernel update yes, but I've booted from several older kernels with all
showing the problem.

Considering a reinstall from scratch, I booted from a live F34 USB.
Problem did not appear in the "live boot"!!

Live boot used same version of wpa_supplicant I have on the system,
but NM was one version older.  I had tried downgrading NM before
and it didn't help.  But I tried again.

Reboot to system, problem exists.
Downgrade NM, reboot, problem gone!!!!
Reboot again, still gone.
Later I updated NM to current version, reboot, problem still gone!
Several reboots and overnight, problem still gone.

Though there have been kernel updates in the interim, those are
the same steps I took 2 weeks ago that did not help.  To confirm
it I checked that dnf history showed the previous downgrade and journalctl shows a reboot 1 minute later.

#@#%$# computer bugs!!

Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans.

Jon

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jo...@jgcomp.com