On 10/2/21 18:02, ToddAndMargo via users wrote:
I think I am making a mistake and loading a database
that is mean to universal settings and not to a
user particular settings.  The game is afoot

I verified that ~/.config/dconf/user is indeed
where my cusome entries for the application drop
down are placed by renaming user back and forth
outside of MATE

But, my custom entries DO NOT show on the drop down,
but do show in the editor.

In the following:

the middle entry is the drop down.  Same with or without
custom entries

the one on the left is the default edit

the one on the right is edit with custom entries.  Note
that MickyMouse is grayed out and does not appear
on the drop down.  "Wine Applications" is grayed out too.

https://ibb.co/qMytdVk

What gives?