On Oct 21, 2021, at 19:47, Joe Zeff <j...@zeff.us> wrote:

> On 10/21/21 5:24 PM, Jonathan Billings wrote:
>> That’s unlikely to help. Most likely there will be no Linux support there.
>
> I'm not sure that it's Linux specific.  Does the OP get thumbnails when his
> phone is connected to a Windows machine?
>
>> This list is a perfectly reasonable place to ask questions about how Fedora
>> interacts with a device.
>
> I'm suggesting that the OP check for a user forum for his phone to find out
> if this is a Linux-specific issue, or if people using Windows also see it.

That’s not how this works.  It’s not like each phone implements a unique photo
sharing protocol, each lovingly crafted into the kernel by the phone
developers.  There are a handful of common protocols, some of which are
implemented by GNOME.

If anything, this is more likely tied to android and GNOME version than
specific phone details.

And in this case, most likely it was an intentional global setting for this
kind of GVFS share to make it not create thumbnails.

—
Jonathan Billings