On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 10:07 AM SternData <subscribed-li...@sterndata.com>
wrote:

> This just popped up on Slack:  "Note: Starting March 1, 2022, Slack will
> no longer support Fedora Linux distributions."
>
> Anyone know what's going on?  And maybe interested in engaging them on
> Twitter @slackhq to ask for reconsideration?
>
> I haven't seen anything on Slack indicating that the rpm will no longer be
supported. Where did this notice pop up?

Their download page still has rpm downloads for Fedora. They also have snap
packages. I haven't installed any snap packages since there was a warning
of security issues with snap packages.

They also have a page [1] with new slack pubkeys. There are instructions
for two versions, 4.22 and above and 4.21 and below. I've never seen
anything except for 4.21.

[1]
https://slack.com/help/articles/115004809166-Verify-Slack-for-Linux--beta--package-signatures

Best,