On 23/11/2021 08:07, Tim Evans wrote:
On 11/22/21 18:59, Joe Zeff wrote:
On 11/22/21 3:36 PM, Tim Evans wrote:

exclude=akmod-nvidia

Why do you want to exclude that if you have an akmod-nvidia package installed?
Don't you want to get updates?

As we have been discussing, older Nvidia cards aren't supported with current
drivers included in F35.  Downgrading needed, and exclusion to prevent
overwriting the supported drivers with newer ones.

Actually, the exclude was needed when the akmod-nvidia-340xx package was in the
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing.  Without the
exclude the akmod-nvidia-340xx would get downgraded to the broken version.

I just removed the exclude from my configuration which confirms the package was
moved to stable.

And a check on a system without nvidia hardware.....

[root@f35k ~]# dnf list available | grep akmod-nvidia-340xx
akmod-nvidia-340xx.x86_64 1:340.108-15.fc35 rpmfusion-nonfree-updates

Which is the "fixed" version for the newer kernels.

--
Did 황준호 die?