On 12/31/21 12:52, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

On 12/31/21 15:32, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 12/31/21 08:57, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
I was downloading some mp4 lectures in Firefox and getting ready to respond to the save to dialog when the system hung hard requiring a power cycle.  Couple not even switch to a non-graphic session to login as root.

I had just done a dnf update that installed the new 5.15.11 kernel (was running 15.10) along with new libvirt stuff (I run QEMU with one image).

Did you reboot after that update?

No.  Prior versions I often did not update for days after a kernel update.  I think I picked up from someplace that a new kernel does not force an update.  the system continues to run on the old one.

Right, each kernel is independent.

You can try running "journalctl -r -b -1" to see the last logs from the previous boot.  Use a larger negative number if you have rebooted since the incident.
I piped that to a file which is 9.4MB.  Is that what I should attach to the bug report?

No, the point was for you to take a look and see if there was an obvious reason for the crash. It should either be the last thing in the log or near the end depending on what happened.