On Tue, Jan 4, 2022, at 7:04 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2022 at 06:11:24PM -0500, Anil Felipe Duggirala wrote:
>> I will ask this question here since I didn't understand the explanations I
>> found elsewhere. Until when will Fedora 34 be supported?
>
> Until 4 weeks after the Fedora Linux 36 release. That's currently scheduled
> for 2022-04-19, which makes EOL for Fedora Linux 34 2022-05-17.

Thanks for that clarification Matthew, I guess I will upgrade soon then. I
always wonder if upgrading is as good as performing a clean installation
(that's an additional question).

> I'm curious where you found the explanations that were confusing, and how we
> could improve them.

Well, I did a search asking something for "Fedora release support" and didn't
get much.
Then I consulted this site,
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/releases/lifecycle/
That site says exactly what you confirmed (13 months after the release).
However I got a bit confused in the section called Maintenance schedule where
it says "''Release n'' is supported until four weeks after the release of
''Release M+2''". I didn't know if 'n' and 'M' were the same thing here.

Its all clear to me now though,
thanks a lot,

Anil