On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 6:20 AM Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallag...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 2022-02-25 at 06:59 -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
> > Sorry for the top posting and excessive quoting: I've given up on
> > running my own mail server and am using gmail, which makes it too
> > easy to follow bad habits.
>
> I also use Gmail, but for list messages I access it through Evolution.
> The Gmail web interface and apps are not good with mailing lists, but
> you don't have to live with that.

I've used Gmail exclusively for all the mailing lists I'm on and it doesn't
bother me anymore but I have some automatic keystrokes :)

Click reply
Cntl-a (unhides everything)
Cntl-Home, delete, delete (goes to the top, deletes extra lines on top)

Then I just navigate through and reply to what I want and delete what's
unneeded (shift-up/down, delete).

Works well enough for me.

Thanks,
Richard