On 07/19/2010 08:47 AM, Aaron Hagopian wrote:
Ok this time I think I have hit a legit issue with SELinux and 1.2.6 RC3. On my workstation to sync up my ldap server with production I take a ldif dump from production and load it into my system with the ldif2db.pl <http://ldif2db.pl> script. For versions 1.2.5 and previous that ldif file could be located anywhere that was readable to the "nobody" user. Since upgrading, I try to use the same command and get denied because of SELinux.

My real question here is what is an acceptable directory? I thought for sure the /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-<instance>/ldif/ directory would be acceptable but I get a "SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/ns-slapd "read" access on ..." message no matter where I place the LDIF file.
How did you create the ldif file in "/var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-<instance>/ldif/"? Did you move the ldif file there from elsewhere on your system? That could explain why your ldif file has an incorrect context of "var_t".

Try creating a new file in "/var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-<instance>/ldif/" using 'touch', then run 'ls -lZ' to see what the SELinux context is on that new file. It should be "dirsrv_var_lib_t".

-NGK

Attached is the full SELinux error.

Thanks,

Aaron