ToddAndMargo via users writes:

Hi All,

Fedora 35
Xfce 4.16

I have a customer with a shiny new System 76 laptop.
How do I configure it to shutdown or suspend when
he closes the lid?

My experience is that if it doesn't work out of the box, it will never work.

In Settings > Power Manager, the "System" tab: if it has a "Laptop Lid" with a "When laptop lid is closed" option, you have even odds that it'll actually work as advertised.

There's no shutdown option, but there are "Switch off display", "Suspend", "Hibernate", and "Lock Screen". Some or all of the above may work, on a given laptop.