On 5/14/22 15:00, Joe Zeff wrote:
I haven't upgraded yet, but you're right about what's happening. Instead of checking the contents of /etc/fedora-release, it just checks to see which version is installed.  If, for some reason, the older version isn't removed from the database, it will see it first and assume that's the version of Fedora you're using.  Just remove the older version (which isn't really installed anyway) and you're good to go.

On further examination, I had a whole bunch of duplicate packages in the
RPM database.  It looks as if none of the old FC35 packages were removed
from the database during the upgrade.  Very odd.

Fortunately, 'dnf reinstall --allowerasing `rpm -qa | grep fc36`' seems
to have cleaned things up.