On 6/23/22 20:04, ToddAndMargo via users wrote:
Hi All,

Any of you guys know of a PCIe card that will do
hardware RAID 1 with two NVMe drives?

I have found some, but they are way to elaborate,
and as such, way too expensive.

Many thanks,
-T

Hi All,

The one I finally landed on was the High Point SSD 7202.
This is a complication of questions I asked High Point.

Thank you all for the help and tips!

-T

High Point SSD7202 Hardware RAID Card Q&A:

Product page:
    https://www.highpoint-tech.com/gen3-nvme-m2-bootable

1) Is the SSD7202 EUFI bootable?
   Yes

2) What is the warranty?
   Two years.

   Note: they do not perform out of waranty repainrs for a fee.  But
         they do give customer loyalty discoutns

3) What is the life expectancy (in years) of the cooling fan?
   70,000 continuous at 40C

   Fan spec's:

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZk5lLVZ76OQcrkuio4kkNFfkTLXvQy5IpyX

4) Is the cooling fan replaceable?
   "Supposedly"  (Details were not forthcoming)

5) Does this work on Windows 11?
   Yes, SSD7202 supports windows 11.

6) Is there a configuration utility at boot?
   Yes, at UEFI.

7) Is there a Windows 11 utility to manage the 7202?
     https://www.highpoint-tech.com/gen3-nvme-m2-bootable
Click on the "Downloads" tab. Look for the "Software Downloads" Title

8) Is there Linux support?
     https://www.highpoint-tech.com/gen3-nvme-m2-bootable
     Click on the "Linux Updates" tab.

     As of 2022-07-02:
          CentOS 8.3/8.2/8.1/7.7/7.8/7.9
          Debian 10.4.0/10.5.0/10.6.0/10.7.0/10.8.0
          Ubuntu 20.10 / 20.04 / 18.04
          Red Hat 8.3/8.4

9) Where is the driver download page?
     https://www.highpoint-tech.com/gen3-nvme-m2-bootable
Click on the "Downloads" tab. Look for the "Software Downloads" Title

10) Where is the manual download page?
     https://www.highpoint-tech.com/gen3-nvme-m2-bootable
     Click on the "Downloads" tab.  Look for the "Documentation" Title

11)  Is the configuration information for the RAID volume on the drive
     itself or on the card?

        The configuration information of the raid volume is on the drive,
        and the card supports raid roaming.   Data will not be lost as
        long as the drive is not damaged.