On 4/7/22 22:42, Tim via users wrote:
On Mon, 2022-07-04 at 18:15 +1000, Stephen Morris wrote:
The package must have been updated as when I looked yesterday it
didn't supply any of those files, unless I looked at the file list
from the wrong package
dnf history

See what got updated when.

Thanks Tim, I'll check that out.

I've booted directly into Fedora this morning and the wifi is not working again, its back to the situation of getting probe error -110 without ever trying to load the adapter's firmware. I've seen another thread on the net where someone else was raising an issue with the same wifi adapter with Fedora 34, where that person was saying it seemed to work if he booted into Windows first, and it's now looking like I'm getting the same issue. I'm assuming this is a kernel issue, so what is the linux kernel not doing that windows does do to activate the hardware (its not an issue specific to Fedora as I get the same lack of wifi issue under Ubuntu as well)?

regards,
Steve