On Tue, 12 Jul 2022, c. marlow wrote:

On Tue, 2022-07-12 at 14:03 -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:

Greetings,

When using the Caja file manager in xFce, if I shut it down using
ctrl-W,
I can restart it later.

However, if I shut it down using ctrl-SpaceBar, then (C)lose, I can't
restart it.

Is this prevented by some "lock" file somewhere? Or something else?

Thank you,

Max
p...@brama.com

I had thoughts to replace Thunar with Caja here in XFCE, but I haven't
had time to do it yet... Now that I know there's a bug out there like
this one, I will wait it out on converting for now.

p.s. it seems that Thunar has the same flaw, and once executed with alt-Spacebar, etc., neither will startup during a session.

fyi,