Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2022 at 1:55 PM
From: "George N. White III" <gnw...@gmail.com>
To: "Community support for Fedora users" <users@lists.fedoraproject.org>
Subject: Re: cpan build perl-PDL-Graphics-PLplot
On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 4:14 AM Patrick Dupre <pdu...@gmx.com> wrote:

> On 2022-07-15 14:35, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> > I am trying to obtain perl-PDL-Graphics-PLplot
>
> This package was retired a long time ago in Fedora because it failed to
> build.
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/perl-PDL-Graphics-PLplot

Maybe, but I need to make it works. I have a key application based on this
package.

Usually failure to build from source (FTBFS) affects multiple distributions as well
as Apple open-source projects (macports, homebrew).  A bit of searching should
tell you if the package is available in other distributions (debian is usually a good
place to start).   The look in the source packages for patches that fix your issue.

I've been in a similar bind many times.  You need to determine whether FTBFS
has a simple fix (which you may be able to steal from another distro) or will need
a major effort, in which case you should consider alternatives to the failing
application.

> > callback.c: In function 'labelfunc_callback':
> > callback.c:243:3: error: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Werror=format-security]
> >    243 |   snprintf( label_text, length, (char *)SvPV_nolen(ST(0)) );
> > cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
>
> This is bad code.  You will need to figure out how to disable that
> compiler option ("-Werror=format-security").

George N. White III

_______________________________________________ users mailing list -- users@lists.fedoraproject.org To unsubscribe send an email to users-le...@lists.fedoraproject.org Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/ List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@lists.fedoraproject.org Do not reply to spam on the list, report it: https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure