On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 10:00:13AM -0600, Joe Zeff wrote:
On 7/20/22 09:38, Ron Flory via users wrote:

  Careful there-  even today, a very large number of new Linux devices
don't run a GUI at all, so a text-based editor (and knowing how to drive
it) is a necessity.

Yes, but it doesn't have to be vi.  One of the reasons I like nano is
that most of the commands are listed at the bottom of the screen,
including the one  to get the rest of the list.  No memorizing needed.

You mean nano is so complex that you can't remember its basic commands?

:)

I can't remember looking up a vi command for decades (other than
the too numerous vim set options).

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jo...@jgcomp.com