On Tue, 26 Jul 2022 14:39:25 -0000
Chris Murphy wrote:

> Do you think a snapshot+rollback mechanism would be more or less useful than
> a graphical rescue environment, for troubleshooting system problems?

I think a snapshot system would only be helpful if I could utterly
disable it. (I eventually figured out how to do that on Windows).

You know what what be really useful? (but would take 10 or 15 years to
implement):

Go over every error and information message in linux with a group of
volunteers who never heard of linux and fix the messages so no one says
"What on earth does that mean?" any longer.

Another really useful tool (which might even be possible to implement):
A specialized google search tied to the current version of all the
software currently installed which filters out the 31,101,471 hits
you otherwise get explaining things that were true on old versions
but are no longer true now :-).