Welp.

"Microsoft’s other use of DICE+RIoT, in their own words, is to enable “Zero Trust Computing.”" I mean, that's a pretty cool and appropriate name: Zero trust in that I don't trust it :).

Per the article: "Now, Microsoft might look at the above and laugh this off as fear mongering, as that is much further than what Pluton is being pitched as right now, as a firmware security device to prevent malware". I think these kinds of things do not work because at the end of the day the user will want to install whatever software they want, so whatever that thing is can't really prevent most malware a typical PC user will come accross.