> On 31 Jul 2022, at 02:35, Tim via users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 2022-07-30 at 20:01 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> My approach would be to start from scratch on a new disk (or at least
>> a new partition) and install anything needed to get the same
>> configuration working.
>
> Likewise.  I gave up upgrading long ago, it's one of those "in theory"
> things that often doesn't go according to plan.  Long term installs
> over the top often end up with conflicts, and a mess of increasing
> things collecting over time.

My experience with upgrade is tha it works very well.
All the issues I have seen I would also have seen on a new install.
I use fedora server and fedora KDE on 6 machines ranging from
Server to laptop to desktop and some vm.

>> Although why anyone would want to use fedora for a long term server
>> is a separate question :-). (CentOS or Ubuntu LTS comes to mind).

Even rhel 9 seems old to me.

At work we are going to rhel 8 and that is ancient to me.

Barry