On 10/10/22 07:40, Beartooth wrote:
        I run dnf clean all, followed by dnf upgrade, on all my machines,
all on F36, daily. (I don't necessarily reboot, even if there's a kernel
change. Should I?)

        Nevertheless, Firefox demands its own updates, including its own
reboot, whensoever it damn pleases, and won't lift an electronic finger
till it gets its way.

If you've done an update of some dependency that Firefox requires, then if you aren't going to do a reboot, you should at least restart Firefox. The same thing applies to any running software, so it's really easiest to do a reboot unless you're just updating specific applications.