I've got a lenovo laptop x1 carbon 2017 which has been working fine for
years on the latest fedora versions.  The sound survived to update to F36.
But something in an update in the past several weeks has broken it.  When I
try to conference with other users, they report my sound is distorted, even
though I've set the mic gain pretty low.  Their sound is rather low even
though  I've set volume 150%.  As I said, I've been using this setup for
years without these issues.

I'm using KDE and sound profile is "built-in audio pro".

I believe the sound is OK when using ear buds.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Neal