On 12/22/22 18:30, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 12/22/22 18:20, ToddAndMargo via users wrote:
Hi All,

nmcli dev show eno2

Give me tons of wonderful information about my interface.

Missing is:
    network   (192.168.1.0 etc.)
    broadcast (192.168.1.255 etc.)

Any way to get nmcli to cough them up?

Many thanks,
-T

p.s,  the "network" is not always the lowest
address in the subnet mask.  At&t fiber
likes to reverse the network and the
broadcast address.

Then they are wrong.  That's the definition of those entries.

Network is the value with all the masked bits set to 0.
Broadcast is the value with all the masked bits set to 1.

Makes sense that they were not following spec.
Confused the dickens out of me until I realized
what they were up to.

Do you know a way to get nmcli to cough up
network and broadcast?   I know I can figure
them out myself but ...