On 10/1/23 13:05, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
On 1/9/23 20:10, Stephen Morris wrote:
I'm not sure if it is significant, but I am using gdm as my display manager even though I am booting into KDE.

This is a (very nasty) kernel bug. It's been discussed quite a bit on this list, so you can have a look at the archives. It seems to have been fixed in 6.0.17, out now, or you can roll back to 6.0.15.
I had already tried it on 6.0.17, and yes it is rectified.
What is not rectified is 6.0.18 does not resolve the issue found in 6.0.17 (it may be in earlier kernels as well but I haven't tested those) of the system shutdown being hung for a minute and a half by the cifs unmount process if the device disappears underneath the running system.

regards,
Steve

Riki