On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 09:27:40AM -0600, Roger Heflin wrote:
If the new card is supported with the 470 driver then I would replace
the card while the 470 driver is running.

Then do the upgrade.

Ahh, good thought. I only checked the recommended drivers for the card. I didn't check the cards supported by the drivers.

Yes, the current driver I'm using, the 470 series does support both
the old and the new card models.  The 525 series driver only supports
the new card.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jon

Both drivers have the same name so you will not be able to have both
installed and built in /lib/modules at the same time.