On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 7:30 PM Greg Woods <g...@gregandeva.net> wrote:

> Since upgrading to F37, I am having problems getting Nut to work properly.
> The errors I get from the journal are:
>
> Apr 26 17:01:42 seveneves.gregandeva.net nut-server[326151]: Can't connect to
> UPS [seveneves-ups] (usbhid-ups-seveneves-ups): No such file or directory
> Apr 26 17:01:42 seveneves.gregandeva.net upsd[326151]: Can't connect to UPS
> [seveneves-ups] (usbhid-ups-seveneves-ups): No such file or directory
>
> Apr 26 17:24:00 seveneves.gregandeva.net nut-monitor[326253]: Poll UPS
> [seveneves-ups@localhost] failed - Driver not connected
>
> All I could find on the net suggested that "Driver not connected" means I'm
> using the wrong driver, but this is the identical configuration (including
> the driver) that worked in F36. It's also a nearly identical configuration
> that is still working for an identical UPS unit monitored from a Raspberry Pi
> running Raspbian.
>
> Any Nut gurus here that could help me troubleshoot this, and has anyone else
> seen Nut quit working on F37 using a configuration that worked with F36?
>
> Here's what I have in my config files:
>
> nut.conf:MODE=netserver
> ups.conf:[seveneves-ups]
> ups.conf:       driver = "usbhid-ups"
> ups.conf:       port = "auto"
> ups.conf:       vendorid = "0463"
> ups.conf:       productid = "FFFF"
> ups.conf:       product = "Ellipse PRO"
> ups.conf:       serial = "P344L44127"
> ups.conf:       vendor = "EATON"
> ups.conf:       bus = "001"
> ups.conf:        maxretry=3
> upsd.conf:LISTEN 192.168.1.56 3493
> upsd.conf:LISTEN 127.0.0.1 3493
> upsmon.conf:MONITOR seveneves-ups@localhost 1 upsmon <redacted password>
> master
> upsmon.conf:MINSUPPLIES 1
> upsmon.conf:SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"
> upsmon.conf:POLLFREQ 5
> upsmon.conf:POLLFREQALERT 5
> upsmon.conf:HOSTSYNC 15
> upsmon.conf:DEADTIME 15
> upsmon.conf:POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
> upsmon.conf:RBWARNTIME 43200
> upsmon.conf:NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
> upsmon.conf:FINALDELAY 5

I recall seeing something similar in the past. In the past, the
problem was related to nut-driver-enumerator.service. The enumerator
service did not run, so there was nothing for the NUT driver to
connect to.

The solution was systemctl enable nut-driver-enumerator.service.

Someone made the comment it was a bug in Fedora's packaging.

Also see
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/1851#issuecomment-1439224990

Jeff