On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 11:13 AM David Woodyard <dwoody5...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have searched the web for a solution and have found nothing on this topic.
> The error I get is sda1 and sdb1 have the same UUID. I would rather not
> remove a drive from raid and unplug it to do the install.
>
> I must be missing something.
>
> Any help appreciated,
>
> David

Linux MDRAID raid 1 or Vendor/Bios Fake Raid 1?   Most of the MB
built-in's are fake raid 1.

Depending on the fake raid 1 vendor/version it may not be supported in
the kernel by default and may need extra (vendor supplied) modules to
even work (or have no option at all to work).

And if you have to use an extra vendor supplied module, upgrades may
or may not always work right.