On Sun, 09 Jul 2023 05:16:14 -0700 ToddAndMargo via users wrote:

> On 7/9/23 04:16, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> I don't know what libvirt.so.0.9005.0 is.

> It is upstream's version.  Their remove scripts left
> it in place.  Fedora's remove script does the
> same thing.

AFAIK there is no remove scripts for that on Fedora.

This is packaged: removing the libvirt-libs RPM will remove those libraries.

> When rebooting libvert looks for the latest version
> and creates links to them.  It should link to its
> own version.

This is not libvirt that dows that, but most probably something that has
called ldconfig.

       ldconfig creates the necessary links and cache to the most recent
       shared libraries <snip>

--
francis