this system had F22 on it.

I just went through all the steps to blow away the old partitions and install F38.

It tried for maybe an hour with the spindizzy on "Installing boot loader".

If finally came back with a dialog box with an error of:

The following error occurred while installing the boot loader.  The system will not be bootable.  Would you like to ignore this and continue with the installation?

Failed to set new efi boot target.  This is most likely a kernel or firmware bug.

No|Yes

What should I do at this point.  It IS an old system that has had a number of ver of Fedora on it.  It was booting F22 just fine, it seemed but now it is all gone...

help?