On 7/25/23 2:42 PM, Barry Scott wrote:

I uninstall plymouth so that there is no splash screen on many of my systems so
that I can see the console messages.

Without plymouth systemd will show start up and shutdown messages on the
console.

I checked; dnf confirms I have plymouth.

I tried to research plymouth.  I found little information about it; no hint of any configuration or
customization file.  I tried searching for files (not in user directory trees) containing the
string "plymouth"; I was overwhelmed.  I tried finding files and directories (not in user
directory trees) whose name contained "plymouth"; I was overwhelmed.  I gather plymouth
is used for much more than logging during boot-up and shutdown.

So I'm very nervous about removing plymouth.  Is there a way of controlling
shutdown (and boot-up) logging via configuration files?  I would think that
would be much easier and safer.

By the way, this is an f37 stand-alone work station.