On Tue, 22 Aug 2023 08:11:02 -0400
Robert McBroom via users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> looked in system settings, screensaver settings, powermanager
> settings and did not find the magic button. Using LXDE.

I had this happen to me at one point because the XFCE screensaver
started automatically, even if XFCE wasn't running.  I have all the
desktops installed so I can use their programs even if I'm not running
them directly, and boot them if I choose.  So, if you have any other
desktop installed, or even other desktop applications, this might be
the case for you as well. It seems that Gnome has a default to go to
sleep automatically after 15 minutes of idle time, regardless of any
other settings.  The thread Tim pointed to has tips on how to turn that
off.