Hi,

> I have a fedora38 desktop and having a problem playing 4k videos.
> > When
> > playing some videos, my entire system becomes sluggish and slow to
> > respond,
> > like the system is under extreme load or all resources are consumed
> > by
> > graphics rendering.
> >
> > This is the lspci info for my video card:
> > 07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
> > [AMD/ATI]
> > Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X/590] (rev ef)
> >
> > CPU utilization doesn't appear to be a problem, so really have no
> > idea why
> > this is happening. Perhaps a missing codec? How do I control hardware
> > rendering?
> >
> > What other information can I provide to help troubleshoot this?
>
> At a minimum, what video software is this, and what codec does the
> video use? For the latter, use (e.g.) mediainfo to find out.

Here's the mediainfo output for one of the movies with a problem, but I'm
also now seeing the same problem with the Linux zoom client where the
entire computer becomes sluggish and unusable.

https://pastebin.com/7rxunmYu

This happens when playing through Kodi or vlc.

> Did 4k the sluggish 4K videos play smoothly in the past?.

Yes. This happened after a fc37 to fc38 upgrade some weeks ago. I've also
installed all the latest updates since. Sorry I didn't mention this sooner,
ugh.

Thanks,
Alex