On Thu, Oct 19, 2023, at 7:05 AM, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using docker on fedora38 and can't figure out how to prevent port
> 8080 from being available to the outside world. I've done quite a bit
> of reading on this, and it appears I'm not the only one having trouble
> figuring this out. This docker doc appears to indicate it shouldn't be
> listening on the external port when the -p option is not used.
[snip]
> I've tried creating an explicit rule that restricts access to port 8080
> on all interfaces except for localhost, but scanning that port
> externally still shows it's available.

Are you sure that it is docker that is answering on 8080?

Sometimes your ISP or router will have a management interface on 8080.

If you are behind NAT then 8080 would not reach into your internal network
unless it was specifically port forwarded. Only mentioned since it is still
pretty rare to have a fully routed IP address.