On Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 5:54 PM Stephen Morris <samor...@netspace.net.au>
wrote:

> One thing that is interesting, if I use KDE's system settings to add a
> printer, and I select the Epson ET3700 Series network printer entry
> which uses IPP Anywhere, when I'm prompted for the driver I get offered
> two Epson categories (Epson and EPSON), the second category has the
> driverless driver and the first category has all the cups supplied
> drivers, of which there isn't one for the printer I have. I've had the
> printer for several years, but I guess it is still too new for cups to
> support.

https://openprinting.github.io/cups/ Says:

OpenPrinting CUPS

The current standards-based, open source printing system developed by
OpenPrinting for Linux® and other Unix®-like operating systems. CUPS uses
IPP Everywhere™ to support printing to local and network printers.

I doubt anyone will be working on legacy CUPS drivers for printers that
support IPP/AirPrint/<other verndors' IPP implemenations>.

--
George N. White III