On Thu, 2023-11-16 at 17:47 -0600, Roger Heflin wrote:
> I checked a mb bios from 10 years ago and it is in it.
>
> And I checked a 2 year old one and both have it.

Yes, I just verified that mine has it (and it's around 10 years old).

> RTC Alarm Power On
> Allow the system to be waked up by the real time clock alarm. Set it
> to By OS to let
> it be handled by your operating system.
>
> web page for setting the timer from linux:
> https://www.linux.com/training-tutorials/wake-linux-rtc-alarm-clock/

That's very helpful, thanks.

I may play with it, however the factory reset on the plug seems to have
worked. 8am came and went without incident, so it looks like I can use
the plug as intended. However the BIOS option is there if it proves
unreliable.

poc