On Sat, Nov 11, 2023 at 7:22 PM Tom Horsley <horsley1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have by no means finished tweaking my fedora 39 boot partition,
> but the last time I was booted there, emacs was a complete mess.

It seemed to take forever to respond to keystrokes. Scrolling the
> screen would leave random characters in various places which would
> disappear if I moved the cursor over them. Probably other weirdness
> I didn't figure out.
>
> Anyone else seen this?

Here, I've done fresh installs of F39 Workstation on two systems and used
emacs to
make notes and run my usual "smoke" tests.  I'm using Wayland on both
instances.
One system has Intel integrated graphics, the other is a late 2012 iMac
with Nvidia and
is running on nouveau.

I just tried to use "emacs -nw" in an ssh terminal session running in a
WSL2 Debian and
get dark green and blue text on black background and some normal emacs
control
keys aren't working.

I've used alternatives to make emacs-lucid the default. I'll see

--
George N. White III