On Mon, May 6, 2024 at 6:28 PM Sbob <s...@quadratum-braccas.com> wrote:

> All;
>
> I am moving from VMWare to KVM / libvirt / vitr machine manager
>
> In VMWare I could tell a VM to use a bridged network and then the IP of
> that VM was accessible from other servers
>
> I have seen setup guides on the web and they all seem to suggest that I
> need one additional IP interface on my KVM server for each bridged ip I
> want.
>
> Is this true? Is there some way to easily replicate the way VMWare does
> it so I can just tell a VM to use an IP that is accessible from another
> server?

I don't think there's an easy way when compared to VMware and VirtualBox
since both of them provide the support out-of-the box.

For some instructions from the libvirt folks, see <
https://lists.libvirt.org/archives/list/us...@lists.libvirt.org/thread/V27YYRUXRB36RXI2HJQSJT6QACJGGEIL/>.
(The docs should really cover the use case).

Jeff