On Wed, May 8, 2024 at 5:13 PM John Pilkington <johnpilk...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 08/05/2024 20:13, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> > On 5/8/24 10:50 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> >> The harware was working well, before my recent upgrades from f38,
> >> briefly to f39 and now to f40.  Then I was using the rpmfusion 470xx
> >> builds of the nvidia legacy drivers.   Now the dual-boot box has no
> >> nvidia or nouveau rpms installed  (rpm -qa) although I suppose bits of
> >> config might remain;  inxi still finds nvidia traces:
> >
> > Nouveau is included with the kernel, it doesn't have its own package.
>
> xorg-x11-drv-nouveau is supplied by fedora, but I was told that the
> kernel driver was more up to date, so I removed the fformer.

I have a late 2012 iMac with Nvidia that was using 470xx.  I mostly use
nouveau
with wayland, but do have xorg-x11-drv-nouveau.

There were issues with 470xx failing to build in F40 with the akmods
install from
rpmfusion, but now there is a testing version that does install.  Some
users have
success with the Nvidia installer. I have the rpmfusion-testing package
installed
but haven't had time to test it.  I don't think it supports Wayland.

--
George N. White III