I have sendmail (sendmail-8.18.1-1.fc40.x86_64) on my three home systems, its purpose being handling of LOCAL-ONLY mail. That is, output from cron jobs, local backup scripts, and the like. (I review these messages using good-ole command-line 'mailx'.) External mail is handled by my hosting provider's server, to which I connect with Thunderbird via IMAP.

Two of the three systems are handling local mail correctly. One, however, is failing with:

# mailq
                /var/spool/mqueue (3 requests)
-----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient-----------
44HBtEsB003461     5910 Fri May 17 07:55 MAILER-DAEMON
(Deferred: Connection refused by kestrel.mynetworksettings.co)
                                         <r...@kestrel.tkevans.com>

journalctl reports pretty much the same error message.

This began with the upgrade to F40 yesterday

Haven't dealt with sendmail.cf settings in many, many years, but don't think there is misconfig there, as all three systems have identical /etc/mail/sendmail.cf files.

What stands out here is the reference to "kestrel.mynetworksettings.co". NOTE: ".co" not ".com". Where does this come from, and what do I need to do to reset it to the actual local domain name?

Thanks.