I have installed Fedora-13-x86_64 on a MacPro without problems. However, there
seems to be no way to boot it! The MacOS (10.6.4 with all updates) does not see
the Linux disk, It does see a 31GB HFS+ partition on the same physical disk, I
used the default Linux partitioning on the remainder of the disk. The Linux
system is first. This shows (using the Mac Disk Utility) as a 287GB Linux LVM
partition. The startup disk utility does not see the Linux system. I never seem
to even get to grub, let alone get an error.
The Rescue system on the install disk finds and mounts the Linux system. /boot
is there and seems to have the proper contents.
It would seem that I need a MacOS bootable disk or partition which will be able
to transfer control to the Linux boot, but I have no idea of how to create
this. If there is a simpler method, then that would be even better. Please help.