Michael Hennebry:
>> Any ideas?

Samuel Sieb:
> I don't.  I usually use vlc, but I just tried totem (Videos) and it
> played anything I tried, include h265.

I found totem rather bad for playing some files, likewise with parole
media player (what an awful name for a media player - and it nearly
always wants to download some codec, but either can't, or it doesn't
help).

Likewise, I tend to use VLC for playing files in general.  Or, mpv when
double-clicking on single files in a file browser (it's simpler and
quicker to start).  But if I want to treat the PC as a jukebox, VLC is
better for just dropping files onto the playlist and letting it run.

If the original poster might try some other players, it may point some
fingers at things to resolve.  Some players are more self-contained
than others.

--

NB:  All unexpected mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.
I will only get to see the messages that are posted to the list.

The following system info data is generated fresh for each post:

uname -rsvp
Linux 6.2.15-100.fc36.x86_64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu May 11 16:51:53
UTC 2023 x86_64