I've always had problems getting mozplugger to work correctly, and have PDF documents opened inside Firefox.

A while ago I finally worked everything out, and things worked for a while, but, for some reason it's broken again. mozplugger is launching evince, but evince opens in a new window, and mozplugger fails to capture it and put it inside Firefox.

strace shows me that Firefox is kicking off mozplugger, as expected:

8531 execve("/usr/bin/mozplugger-helper", ["mozplugger-helper", "1050,1,68,41943041,0,0,1623,840", "evince \"$file\""], [/* 81 vars */] <unfinished …>

8531  <… execve resumed> )            = 0

selinux is off. So, anyone knows what's broken, this time?