On 06/08/2011 09:06 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
>   I'd appreciate any guidance on how I should partition a new intel 310
> soda creek SSD drive ... I've googles a bit there are suggestions about
> paritioning and using ext4 ..

You may use ext4 or btrfs as they both support TRIM. Be sure to add the
"discard" mount option to your /etc/fstab as it will not be automatic
because there is fear by some kernel developers that some drives have
bad TRIM performance. I have not seen this on consumer drives though and
you will not have a problem with your brand new SSD.

There is one catch. LUKS encrypted partitions do not support TRIM; even
if they are ext4 or btrfs underneath. I would also say LVM and RAID do
not support TRIM either, but as of 2.6.37, they both do.